CINEMA POETICA INTERNATIONAL is a division of Cinema Poetica that manages the English publications of cinemapoetica.com. This media is intended for international readership, focusing on critical analyses and in-depth reports on the development of the film culture in Indonesia, and its relation to the global film culture. The publications in Cinema Poetica International are translations of selected Indonesian publications in cinemapoetica.com, and also contributions and acquisitions of various writings on Indonesian cinema, whether it’s originally written in Indonesian or English or other languages—as long as it is translatable.
CINEMA POETICA INTERNATIONAL publishes content that focuses on, but not limited to, these key topics:
- Events, issues, or trends in the Indonesian film scene that have nationwide impacts.
- Local events, issues, or trends that are unique to the Indonesian film scene and global film culture.
- Perspectives or opinions from the Indonesian public regarding international films or issues in the global film scene.
- Breakthroughs in practices and products of the Indonesian film scene, spanning from aesthetics to technology.
- The impact of breakthroughs or developments in the global film scene to the film culture in Indonesia.
- Films, individuals, or groups from the Indonesian film scene, both classic and contemporary, with international reputation or track records.
- Films, individuals, or groups from the Indonesian film scene, both classic and contemporary, that deserves international recognition.
The publications in CINEMA POETICA INTERNATIONAL are categorized as follows:
- Focus. Critical analyses on the development of the film culture in Indonesia—including films, individuals or groups, events, issues, trends, phenomena, to technology.
- Wide Angle. In-depth reports on the development of the film culture in Indonesia—including films, individuals or groups, events, issues, trends, phenomena, to technology.
- Perspective. Personal opinions or reflections on the development of the film culture in Indonesia—including films, individuals or groups, events, issues, trends, phenomena, to technology.
- Review. Analysis of one or several Indonesian films—including feature, short, fiction, documentary, and experimental films. The analysis is expected to not only cover about the content, but also the concept and the context of the film.
CINEMA POETICA INTERNATIONAL publishes every three months.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY WRITING TO CINEMA POETICA?
There are two options. First, by completing the submission form on this page. Just fill in the blanks, upload your writing, done.
Second, by sending your writing to our beloved mailbox: email@example.com. Please make sure your writing is saved in one of these formats: doc, docx, or rtf. If needed, you could send supporting images (with the width at least 1600 pixel) for your articles. If you don’t have or can’t think of any, don’t worry, our editorial team will take care of it for you. And also, along with your writing, please send your best picture (with size at least 500×500 pixel), your profile (up to 200 words), and your social media contacts (if available). Your photo and your profile will be displayed on the author box at the end of your published article in cinemapoetica.com.
WHO CAN WRITE FOR CINEMA POETICA?
Cinema Poetica is open for anyone with ideas and the will to write, also to anyone who wants to share his or her writing for public. So far, we have published writings by cinephiles, students, film activists, film workers, academics, musicians, even graphic designers. In short, everyone has a chance to be published in cinemapoetica.com.
Cinema Poetica publishes critical texts on cinema that are argumentative, communicative, and based on solid ideas or verifiable facts. Every submission will be discussed and curated by the editorial team. We will then send the draft back to you, with notes and suggestions for revisions—if any. You are allowed to revise or rewrite in any way you see fit—we will not interfere with your ideas and opinions. After this whole process is done, the editorial team then will schedule your writing to be published in cinemapoetica.com.
IS THERE FINANCIAL REWARD FOR MY WRITING?
We understand the amount of time and labor needed to make a good writing. But, so far, we haven’t been able to reward our writers financially, including our own editorial team. Cinema Poetica is a non-profit organization that seeks to produce and distribute knowledge about cinema for public. The only concrete reward that we could offer to our writers right now is exposure—to our readers and our network of partners.